Welcome to the Sunset Park Upland Connectors Project!
This project seeks to develop a plan with the community to establish safe and inviting pedestrian and bicycling routes connecting the upland community to waterfront destinations. We envision these upland connector routes as a combination of pedestrian safety improvements, bike facilities, landscaping, wayfinding and street furniture that all come together to create more inviting environmentally sustainable spaces.
The goals of the project are threefold:
1. Develop a community-based plan to establish safe and inviting pedestrian and bicycle routes connecting Sunset Park’s residential core to waterfront destinations including:
- Industrial Jobs
- Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway
- Bush Terminal Park
- Ferry Landing
2. Prioritize and implement short-term projects
- Received $1.2M NYS Environmental Protection Fund Local Waterfront Revitalization Program grant (NYS Department of State)
3. Identify long term, realizable improvements that can be funded through the capital process